Friday, April 22, 2011

Types of Poetry

Narrative

Definition: A poem that tells the story in first person perspective.

example:

I kicked the ball,
it rolled toward the goal.
With an amazing kick,
I scored the goal.

Ballads

Definition: A poem that like a song or a song that tells the story.

Example:
I will go toward the end,
But I won't leave you here.
Alone and lonliness,
I'll go with you.

Epic

Definition: A long narrative poem that tells the stories about hero in fancy language.

Short example:
"Behold, King Edward!"
Tom is my sister and my assistance days
Of her youth filled full with glory.
Now the devils echoed in our land,
We drank mead-halls,let's go to combat.
Let's go to excecute the devils.

Lyric

Definition: Poem that express feeling and thought of a character in poem instead of telling the story.

Example:
I hate you,
You hurt my feeling.
I'll kill you,
Like cutting carrot.

sonnets

Definition: poem that made up of four-teen lines with. ten sylables per line (unstressed and stressed).

Example:

There are only two possibilities
God the result of imagination
Or God the Lord over all creation
With supernatural abilities

Considering the liabilities
The former, a finite observation
The latter, spirit rejuvenation
With its infinite capabilities

Choosing the former one has to reason
What's wanted is some final solution
An end to it all with no life ahead
I choose the latter for a new season
Trusting in God as my resolution
Gaining promised eternal life instead

Odes

Definition: poem that no matter ryhmed or unrhymed, it's about serious subject.

Example:
I like a stranger
That says thanks!
I love to say "thanks"
Toward everyone
That angry
To cool them down
Thanks to thanks.

Free verse

Definition:
Poem that written in free form. It does not contain metrical scheme or rhyme, but it contains the elements of poetry.

Example:
I hate to live like this way
Because it's makes me feel nervous
And mad, stressfull
All I want now, is to suicide.

Elegies

Definition: Elegies is a poem that whining for someone who is died.
Example:
O my sailor
Please alive again.
We need you,
You need us.

No comments:

Post a Comment